We are recommending to all our clients that they get us to spend time going through their WordPress CMS platform on a monthly basis, and making sure that both the platform as well as all the corresponding plug-ins are fully up to date. There are two primary reasons for this:
1. Google now takes into consideration how updated your WordPress version is and how up to date the corresponding plug-ins are. They will drop a site’s ranking if their WordPress version is significantly out of date.
2. WordPress is the #1 content management system on the internet and as such, is increasingly becoming the target of hackers and spambots because of its ubiquitous nature. To counter act this WordPress releases security patches on a regular basis to make sure these flaws are not exploited, and when critical bugs are found we want to make sure your site and it’s users are protected.
WordPress Maintenance Plan
Not all threats are visible. It takes constant vigilance to ensure your site is safe from harm. Our systems scan regularly to ensure you’re not under attack—or susceptible to one. We use trusted tools like Sucuri and our own applications.
Our Service is like having the top of the line security system along with a personal bodyguard. We watch over your site 24/7, and our team knows exactly what to look for in the event of an outage. Our monitoring system instantly alerts us if your site ever goes offline.
WordPress is a growing community, and it’s important to keep your site constantly up-to-date. Our hands-on service ensures new updates are safely installed.
- Initial site review, ensuring each client’s site is safe to update.
- Updates to Plugins, Themes and WordPress
- Testing all updates to make sure of functionality
- Immediate patches for security updates.
Backups are important. But most backups happen on your own servers. If your server dies, your backups are gone. Catastrophe! Breath easy, Pixel Designs creates secure, offsite backups every night and has access to them 24/7. Need to revert to a backup? Pixel Designs is happy to take care of that for you
Google Search Console
We’ll add your site to Google Search Console which allows us to check your sites indexing status and optimize the visibility of your website. Google will also send us alerts as to policy and other changes that may effect their search engine displays and ranks your site.
Eyes on your Site
You don’t always have time to check your site every day or even every week, but as a part of our WordPress Maintenance Plan we do. We are constantly monitoring, reviewing and scanning your site, so if we see something out of the ordinary, or even something small like a typo, we can jump on in and fix it up.
Our WordPress Website Maintenance plan starts at $65/Month, for sites we don’t host and is included for all sites that are hosted with us.