Pixel Designs is a growing web design and development firm located in Edmonton, AB, and we are looking to add an experienced full-time WordPress developer to our current team of eight.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help design and develop websites, eCommerce solutions, and small and large web based-applications, all using WordPress.
- Manage and troubleshoot all kinds of development or integration issues in WordPress.
- We are practitioner lead, which means you are the project manager and will communicate and coordinate your own tasks and projects directly with the client.
- Write clean + well structured code, and document it accordingly.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and methods to maximize development efficiency.
- Development with PHP 7+ and MySQL.
- Have an excellent understanding of HTML and CSS / SCSS.
- Experience with Timber and the Twig Template Engine.
- Experience in using (or strategically not using) the WooCommerce platform and it’s marketplace of various plugins.
- Extensive knowledge in front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Familiar with working in VM environments like Vagrant or Docker.
- Familiar with Composer, Gulp and other common development tools
- Ability to review Git branches from fellow developers, offer feedback, and resolve merges.
- Ability to handle cross-browser and mobile compatibility.
- Have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our development team.
- Self motivated to learn/work and able to work independently.
- Always producing high-quality work, following the standards that Pixel Designs has set for itself.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline.
NICE TO HAVES
- Website UI/UX/Visual Design Experience.
- Experience developing on other CMS Platforms like Shopify and CraftCMS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Service technologies including S3, EC2, RDS & Route 53.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony.
- Knowledge in JS Frameworks like Angular or React.
- Experience with CI/CD tools. Preferably GitLab, but experience with any at all is a huge plus.
- Full-time salaried position.
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 11 am.
- Flat Corporate Structure – You manage your own projects, time, resources and solutions. Give and take direction from yourself and the client, not a project manager or Creative/Technical Director.
- Work in our brand new cozy office in the awesome 124st/Westmount neighbourhood in Edmonton.
- However there is flexibility to work from home here and there.
- Salary based on experience.
- 3 week paid vacation time
- Fully covered Blue Cross Health Benefits.
- We’re looking to collect resumes until Early November and begin the interview process Mid November with an anticipated start date at the beginning of December.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to us and include a link to your GitHub account, or something similar!