Pixel Designs is a growing web design and development firm located in Edmonton, AB, and we are looking to add a full-time PHP web application developer to our current team of eight.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help design and develop websites, eCommerce solutions, and small and large web based-applications, all using PHP/MySQL
- Manage and troubleshoot all kinds of development or integration issues on PHP
- Work with both the Front-End and Back-end . If you’re stronger in one area, that’s fine.
- Communicate with our developers as to how you see your code integrating with client-side technologies.
- Write clean and well structured code
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Development with PHP 5+ and MySQL
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or CakePHP
- Ability to use front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiar with Composer, Docker and other common development tools
- Ability to review GIT branches from fellow developers, offer feedback, and resolve merges
- Have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our development team.
- Self motivated to learn/work and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills.
- Always producing high-quality work, following the standards that Pixel Designs has set for itself.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline.
- Familiar with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and other PHP-based CMSs. Big bonus points for this one.
- Experience with Amazon Web Service technologies including S3, EC2, RDS & Route 53
- Have a good understanding of XHTML and CSS3 / SASS / LESS
- Ability to handle cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge in JS Frameworks like Angular or React
- Experience with CI/CD tools. Preferably GitLab, but experience with any at all is a huge plus.
- Full-time salaried position
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 11 am
- Fully covered Blue Cross Health Benefits
- Work in our cozy office in the awesome Garneau neighbourhood in Edmonton
- Flexibility to work from home here and there
- We’re looking to collect resumes until the Early March and begin the interview process Mid March with an anticipated start date at the beginning of April.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to your GitHub account, or something similar!